Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The many uses of coffee filters!



Coffee Filters?  I didn't realize the many uses of coffee filters until my friend Nalu shared a post on our group page.  I googled the different uses for coffee filters and there are so many!  I read one about odors and I am trying it out right now!  Being in a house with 3 boys will definitely make a girl cringe.  I have a small apartment and the wind blows through our 3rd floor windows quite often, but still there is a certain "boy smell" that I can't avoid.  We recently bought a shoe tree for our shoes and I have started noticing a smell.  It just makes me want to Febreeze it.  I also have sprays but I decided to give this baking soda idea a try.  I read that I can put some baking soda in a coffee filter and place near the area.  This makes a lot of sense since one use of baking soda is to keep a fridge from smelling badly.  So, why not?  Hopefully it works so I don't have to keep spraying the shoes down.  

So, here's some of the different uses that I found online for baking soda. I took them straight from the pages. Just click on the links to get more detailed information.  Have fun!


11 Unusual Uses for Coffee Filters: (This one has pictures if you are a visual person)
http://www.instructables.com/id/11-Strange-Ways-to-Use-Coffee-Filters/?ALLSTEPS
  1. Bowl Cover
  2. Cleaning
  3. Nail Polish Remover
  4. Protect China
  5. Filter
  6. Apply Shoe Polish
  7. Prevent Odors
  8. Make Tea
  9. Spoon Rest
  10. Bowl
  11. Disposable Snack Bowl
25 Frugal Uses for the Humble Coffee Filter
http://www.makeitmissoula.com/2012/05/frugal-living-25-uses-coffee-filter/

  1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave
  2. Clean window, mirrors and chrome (This is funny because we used coffee filters to clean at the Dunkin Donuts that I worked at)
  3. Protect china
  4. Filter wine when breaking the cork
  5. Protect a cast-iron skillet
  6. Apply shoe polish
  7. Recycle frying oil
  8. Weigh chopped foods
  9. Hold tacos
  10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot
  11. Prevent popsicles from dripping everywhere
  12. Wax eyebrows
  13. Soak up grease
  14. Razor nick fixers
  15. Sewing backing
  16. Deodorizer
  17. Soup strainer
  18. Prevent spilling when adding fluids to your vehicle
  19. Spoon rest (I like this idea)
  20. Hold dry ingredients
  21. Wrap Christmas ornaments for storage
  22. Remove nail polish
  23. Sprout seeds
  24. Blotting paper for pressed flowers
  25. Disposable "snack bowl"

No comments:

Post a Comment