Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Mommy's chicken noodle soup



My son was sick so I decided to use what I have to make some homemade chicken noodle soup! He doesn't like the veggies but it's always better with veggies like celery and carrots so feel free to improvise this simple and easy chicken noodle soup!


Ingredients for a single serving:
1 or more of fresh or frozen chicken breasts (thawed)
1 Bay leaf
Bullion cubes
1 cup of Noodles (I used macaroni)

Optional:
Carrots
Celery

My tips:
I used a frozen chicken breast so I thawed it out first before cooking.
Adding vegetables gives the soup more flavor and color.  I only omitted the veggies because my son didn't want any.

Instructions:

  1. Boil a pot of water.  Add chicken and bay leaf to boiling water.  Let it boil for 15-30 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
  2. When chicken is fully cooked, remove from water and chop into small chunks for the soup.
  3. Place desired amount of water, chicken, bay leaf, 2 bullion cubes and a cup of noodles in a new pot.
  4. Bring to a boil and let it cook for about 9-10 minutes or until noodles are cooked.
  5. If desired, add carrots and celery and simmer for about 10 minutes.  Salt and pepper can be added for taste.
  6. Remove bay leaf right before serving.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment