Saturday, April 27, 2013

Cake Boss

Lately, I've been having a hard time sleeping, so I decided to watch Cake Boss.  I've already watched the first two seasons and I'm currently watching the third season.  What Buddy does with these cakes are so amazing.  It makes me miss my cake decorating days.  When I lived back in NH, I stepped down from Human Resources Manager to work in the bakery because I wanted to spend more time with my son who was only a year old at the time.  Within the first two weeks, I fell in love with cake decorating and baking.  We had an airbrush and props.  Since then, I decided that I would make my son's birthday cake every year. I played around with cake mixes at home because I wasn't very good at making things from scratch.  All I knew how to do was piping with regular icing.  I still need to learn how to use fondant on an entire cake.  Here's some pics of the cakes I've made in the past.  Hope you enjoy them!




My Elmo Cakes were the best ones I've ever done!


Finally tried fondant to create my son's LEGO cake!


This one was fun to make!  My cousin's boyfriend's 21st birthday!    

Added: May 2013




1 comment:

  1. I like that Lego one. You consider trying to get back into it here?

    ReplyDelete