Monday, September 9, 2013

Let me reintroduce myself...

Things have changed since my first blog so I might as well update my introduction.


Hi!  My name is Jackie Tacotaco. I am a mother of a very active 6-year-old boy named Bryant. I am currently attending Hawaii Pacific University to earn a Bachelor's degree in journalism. Being a mom and a college student is not the easiest task in the world but my son is my inspiration. I used to attend HPU back in 2001-2003, but I moved to the mainland for six years. When my son turned two years old, I decided to return to Hawaii and finish my college career. Going back to college was a decision that I made so that I could get a better job and support my son the best way I can. I recently quit my job at Target as a guest service team member and team trainer so that I can take more classes to fulfill my graduation requirements and graduate a year earlier. My mother, father and boyfriend have been very helpful in my recent change in employment, and I thank them so much for their love and support. Even though I have help, I still have the everyday challenge of being a parent. I am the sole caregiver of my son, almost like a single parent, but I try my best each day to love and care for my son. I often call myself "supermom" because of all the different tasks and challenges that I overcome on a daily basis. It's not easy but nobody said that life would be easy! My advice for everyone: no goal is out of your reach because you choose your fate and you can always change your future.



1 comment: